Weatherford’s K-MVT multivariable transmitter (MVT) communications interface module (CIM) applies proven “smart” technology to simultaneously measure three independent variables for gas or water flows. The K-MVT technology provides fast, audit-quality measurement of differential pressure, static pressure, and temperature. It can be used as a gas-flow transmitter for orifice and V-Cone® meters and also as a water-flow transmitter for V-Cone meters. The K-MVT module can be built into the enclosure system of a Weatherford K-series remote terminal unit (RTU) but is also available as a stand-alone, explosion-proof module.
Microprocessor-based electronics, coupled with sensor characterization, improve temperature and pressure compensation to enhance accuracy. The microprocessor performs one-second measurement averages and flow extension calculations to make readings available to a K-500, K-2000, or K-3512 RTU, allowing the RTU to produce flow calculations that meet the quality requirements of custody transfer. The RS-485 multi-drop serial communications interface allows up to four K-MVTs to communicate with a single RTU
- The K-MVT module is used as a gas-flow transmitter for orifice and V-Cone meters.
- It also can be used as a water-flow transmitter for V-Cone meters.
- The K-MVT’s accuracy and stability make it suitable for use in harsh environments where high-quality measurements are needed for accurate reporting. It can be used in situations where electromagnetic interference or radio frequency noise may be a problem, such as around compressor ignition systems. Explosion-proof rating of the stand-alone K-MVT technology is for Class I, Division 1 hazardous areas.
Features, Advantages and Benefits
- Microprocessor-based electronics simultaneously measure differential pressure, static pressure, and temperature of gas and water flows. Used in both orifice and V-Cone flow transmitters, it is a multifunctional device that replaces up to three transmitters in a single unit, minimizing training requirements and capital expenditure.
- The 4-wire, 100-ohm platinum resistance temperature detector (RTD) interface provides accurate gas temperature measurement for more accurate overall gas-flow measurement.
- The transmitter is designed for ultra-low power usage, using a smaller battery and solar panel to reduce system costs.
- The industry-standard RS-485 multi-drop serial communications interface is widely applied and supported in the field. With a single four-wire connection, the RTU unit can communicate with multiple devices for up to 5,000 ft (1,524 m). This capability reduces wiring requirements and simplifies hookup.
- K-MVT sensor technology has been widely proven throughout the industry to provide accurate pressure and temperature compensation, resulting in high-quality measurements that can withstand the scrutiny of an audit.
- Stability and accuracy make the K-MVT module dependable in harsh environments. The K-MVT unit requires less frequent calibration, which reduces maintenance costs.
Contact us to place order